Friday, July 25, 2008

Blueberry Dessert

What have I baked three times this week? My beloved blueberry gateau. Neighbors, friends, brothers - all have gotten their fill lately. Discovered years ago in Country Living magazine, this recipe from Vermont's Blueberry Hill Inn is becoming my signature dish for blueberry season. When I mention that I have/want/need blueberries, more & more people are asking "Are you making gateau?" (My neighbor even gave me a huge box of blueberries this week with a glance that said "You know what to do.") Delicious with a cup of tea, wonderful as a snack, perfect for company...I love this recipe. Try it. I know you will make it time and time again. And soon your friends and family will be asking...Are you making gateau?

3 comments:

Nancy Carabio Belanger said...

Oh yes, I do agree--this recipe is a winner! Yummy!

MmeBenaut said...

Blueberry Cheesecake is a favourite in Adelaide and I usually succumb, if I'm dining out.
Oh I wish I had the confidence to bake like you Anne.
Once, when I was young, naive and far too proud for my own good, I boldly stated to my sister: "If you can read, you can cook!". I've since learned that there is a lot more involved than merely reading a recipe. Although I'm sure it is a good one and laziness on my part is not a sufficiently good excuse :)

Anne Reeves said...

I do love to bake - I think it is genetic! There is something about the pans, recipe cards and measuring cups that makes me happy. I think tasting wonderful things is just as good, so keep ordering that blueberry cheesecake! It is about enjoying.