Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Tisket a Tasket

I've decided to try my hand at embroidery again. I was about 8 when I first learned to cross stitch. I would mark a design in pencil on a flour sack square and then stitch over it with DMC floss

I vividly remember making a square for my brother with the outline of a sailboat on it. Lately, I've been seeing embroidered dishtowels in antique stores and I want to try some of those pretty stitches myself! 

Yesterday, I drew this basket of raspberries with a disappearing ink pen and stitched the berries by making lots of french knots. I am really happy with it. Dishtowels here I come!

4 comments:

MmeBenaut said...

I love the basket of raspberries. You are very clever, Anne.

Anne Reeves said...

Thank you!

Kimmers said...

Ohhh, this makes me want to dig out my old cross-stitching bag (tucked downstairs in the storage room in an "Art supplies" box) and finish the cross-stitch of cats that I started in 1994.

Anne Reeves said...

Do it, Kimmers! It is so relaxing...