Friday, July 18, 2008

Lavender Festival Delights in Romeo

The 3-day Lavender Festival in Romeo, Michigan is going on now. There are booths of lavender products, "Make & Take" lavender workshops and wonderful salads and sandwiches for sale (with lavender lemonade, of course). When I saw on the schedule that a french pastry chef would be doing a demonstration called "French Lavender Sweets," I was a goner. So yesterday I rearranged my schedule and found myself eating honey lavender ice cream and listening to instructions like "put ze lavender in ze pan." It was fun. An open-air demonstration on bringing lavender's essence to everything from creme brulee to cookie dough. Magnifique!

2 comments:

MmeBenaut said...

Oh Miam! Ca me plait beaucoup aussi! Honey Lavender Icecream - I'm trying to imagine how that would taste. I love honey icecream; I've never tasted anything with lavender in it but our little bush is growing so maybe next year I can try something.

Anne Reeves said...

Lavender adds a ceratin something lovely to dishes. Just a pinch, though. For ice cream, you basically heat fresh lavender buds (from a plant with no fertilizer or spray on it) in the milk/cream of ice cream recipes. Then strain the buds out and continue. Honey lavender is fabulous!