Thursday, July 17, 2008

Candy Couture

I took my first trip to New York City in 2005. I had a "must see" list of shops and my friend Kerry skillfully mapped out our route for the weekend. 

Ribbon stores, a paper emporium and the tearoom of a Japanese department store were all on my list. But it was when I said that I needed to see Dylan's Candy Bar that my friend really perked up. 

A store devoted to candy candy candy - yum! My photo of their shop window (featuring a mannequin in a candy gown) combined with the skyline reflecting behind, became my "signature shot" for our amazing weekend. 

Can you tell I am dreaming of New York City...

3 comments:

Kerry said...

I too am dreaming of NYC! When can we go again?? I'm sure we can put our heads together to map out a whole new trip!!

Anne Reeves said...

Oh joy! What if we could go in early October - it would be beautiful, not too hot and our friends will be back in the city. Let's imagine some fun...

MmeBenaut said...

Me too! I have a friend who is visiting NYC leaving here on 7 August. I rather wish I could go with her but I want to see so many places that I really need about a year to plan it!