Monday, July 14, 2008

Lavender Farm

My mom and I went to my favorite lavender farm in northern Michigan (Michigan Lavender in Northport, E. Johnson Road) on Saturday and photographed these perfect purple tufts. They usually advertise when the lavender is in bloom, but aren't open to the public on other days.  Call before you head out 231-386-9256. 

A sunny day, interesting products for sale (I am going to use their culinary lavender in a roasted potato dish tonight) and an icy cup of lavender lemonade. 

What more could a girl want?  

1 comment:

MmeBenaut said...

I've heard of multiple culinary uses for lavender but haven't ever tried any. I love lemonade and lavender lemonade sounds very nice and refreshing.
We planted our first lavender plant about a month ago. It is still tiny but we have high hopes for it!