Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Oh, Graham...






















I am on a first name basis with my roses. "Abraham...looking good. Bill, how are you doing? Eden, you look fantastic." I think it started as a way to help the garden club girls learn the names for our garden walk (Abraham Darby, Bill Warriner, Eden Climber). This beauty is a David Austin English rose named Graham Thomas. Over the last week or so the roses have been in a lull - hardly a bloom between them. So when I walked out to the patio and saw this I simply said, "Oh, Graham!"

3 comments:

Nancy Carabio Belanger said...

Oh, Anne! It looks pretty enough to eat! My favorite color. Thanks for sharing.

MmeBenaut said...

One of our local nurseries has that particular rose climbing on its fence. Each spring it looks absolutely spectacular. Of course, they know how to look after roses properly. I'm still a bit of a novice so my roses aren't quite as healthy looking as yours, Anne.

Anne Reeves said...

It is fun to finally have yellow in my rose garden - so fresh!