Friday, August 8, 2008

Delight in Paris

Want to know a secret? I am developing my own map of Paris. "Delight in the City of Light - A delight-ful map of Paris" sprinkled with the shops, treats and sweets that bring delight. The anticipated release date is Fall 2009. Many people have commented on a few of the photographs that I shot in Paris that are in my book Moments of Delight - little do they know that I could do an entire book of Paris photography! Do you have a spot in Paris that brings you delight? Let me know and I will check it out on my next trip!

3 comments:

MmeBenaut said...

Aha Anne. We'll be there at the end of August so if there is somewhere special that I find, I'll let you know!
The new book sounds fabulous and my husband who is a total Francophile will order it, without doubt!

Anne Reeves said...

Thank you - I'd love to hear about anyplaces that you treasure. Are you meeting up with any folks from PDP? This map of mine will be beautiful!

Redman822 said...

Some of the spots I enjoyed visiting in Paris (other than the 'usual' spots) were:

1) The Rue Cler market - wish we has areas like that here.
2) St. Sulpice - has a beautiful grotto and an amazing pipe organ - go on Sundays after the 10:30 mass and you can enter the pipe organ and go into the organists chamber while he performs a recital.
3) While a bit macabre, another interesting spot is the Pere Lachaise Cemetery.
4) Although it is not in Paris, Versailles is another amazing thing to go to, especially Le Hameau and the Grand Trianon with it's pink marble walls. I did it via a bike tour and we went all around the castle grounds.