Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Vineyard Vines

The "Spirit of Summer" - that is what I think of when I see the name, Vineyard Vines.

Preppy, happy clothes to wear all Summer long. On the beach, cocktails at the cottage - a brand that is appropriate anywhere you might see a boat. Seriously.

I had seen the clothes for years and heard the story - 2 brothers that founded their business on brightly colored neckties.

So, I was very happy to come across one of their shops while I was in Georgetown. As we walked across the street, I gave a quick brand profile to the girls so that they'd know what we were about to see. A gorgeous shop packed with plaid, seersucker and nautical details. My favorite thing? A whale-print tote with a rope handle.

The bonus? I left with a large pink foam whale - a promotional item that they give away "for fun." I like their spirit.

2 comments:

LillyB said...

It sounds and looks like a fun line of clothing!

MmeBenaut said...

Those plaid trousers and shorts look interesting. There's not an Aussie man alive who would wear something this colourful!
I love the window box with its pink geraniums.