Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blueberry Gateau

Our micro-crop of blueberries is coming along nicely. We may have upwards of 100 blueberries this year! A real landslide compared to the crop of ten we had last Summer.

These little garden beauties are destined for a few bowls of cereal, nothing more. But even though there are hardly enough to speak of, we grew them ourselves and that will make them the best we've had all season!

Alas, the farmer's market is my actual source for blueberries. I need cartons and cartons to keep up with the Blueberry Gateau requests. It has become my signature dish in July and I just can't make it enough.

Have you ever made Blueberry Gateau? Make it once and they will ask for it for the rest of your life.

3 comments:

LillyB said...

I love blueberry muffins with lemon glaze! These were a hit in Sunday school! I am so happy you had a good crop

MmeBenaut said...

Bravo! Now I know how a blueberry looks when it is in the wild! I swear I would have walked straight past ...

Anne Reeves said...

If you google "blueberry gateau", I come of first on the list! Isn't that funny! :-) I must make it alot!