Monday, September 21, 2009

Country Living Fair 2009, Part 1























How do you maximize your fun when you go to a Country Fair? Have a plan. There was so much going on at the 2009 Country Living magazine's Country Fair, I had to be organized.


10 AM: Gates open. First on my list? Find my Aunt Carol's booth! She has an amazing eye and brought her fine silver, transfer ware, and pink lustre to Columbus to participate as an antiques dealer in this huge Country Living event.

11-12 PM: Cooking Demonstration with Country Living contributing Food Editor, Cheryl Slocum

12:15: Casual Lunch - BBQ

1-2 PM: Country Living Editor-In-Chief, Sarah Gray Miller discusses the 30 year history of Country Living magazine

2-3 PM: Eat Jeni's ice cream (Salty Carmel, Honey Vanilla & Belgian Chocolate) and concentrate on photographing the event

3-4 PM: Seasonal Wreath presentation by Country Living contributors, Richard Kollath and Ed McCann.

4-5 PM: Shop until the gates close at five o'clock.

It worked! I was able to do it all and "see" the entire fair. A favorite moment? When I found a darling square sugar bowl & lid for $10!

Now that you have a general sense of the event, I will be posting highlights over the next few days. My advice? Mark your calendars for next September in Columbus. This Country Fair is worth the trip!

2 comments:

Vintage Grace said...

oh man! Anne, you should have stopped by my booth to say "Hi!"
XO

Anne Reeves said...

Oh, Maryellen! I didn't realize you were there - rats! I totally would have brought you a lemonade. :-) What an overwhelming event - I buzzed the whole thing, but somehow missed you. I hope that you were very successful!