Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Country Living Fair 2009, Part 3

I was lucky enough to get a seat front & center for a "Seasonal Wreath" presentation at the Country Living magazine's Country Fair.

The hour-long seminar was hosted by famous design team, Richard Kollath (left) and Ed McCann (right).


Richard used an Oasis wreath base (which, once soaked in water, provides moisture to the flowers/leaves allowing the arrangement to last up to a week!) to make a fresh flower arrangement bursting with Fall colors. It had a beautiful combination of mums, cockscomb, mini gourds, hypericum and bittersweet. So pretty!

Meanwhile, Ed gave suggestions for making in-home arrangements last longer. For example, he recommended "Butchers Wax" as the perfect medium to rub on clean gourds & pumpkins to improve and seal them for an indoor display. Remember when I bought my white pumpkin here?


This weekend I am going to the farmer's market to get a white pumpkin for my front table...and I have added Butchers Wax to my shopping list!

Thank you, Richard & Ed! I had a delightful time.

2 comments:

LillyB said...

Beautiful!! I love Fall and I love wreaths!! It sounds like you had a fun time!!

Anne Reeves said...

It was really a fun way to spend a Fall day.