Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Salt Collection

I have bought so many beautiful packages of salt over the last few years that it practically constitutes a collection, don't you think?

I keep them grouped on the counter as a type of culinary art. My kitchen has aqua and white striped wallpaper with sea shell-colored cabinets (I call my decorating style "Swedish Beach House") and the pastel packaging of these salts looks just beautiful! Plus, I always have the proper salt on hand when I am cooking. A few that you can see are Bella Cucina, Cerulean Seas, and Le Saunier de Camargue.

2 comments:

LillyB said...

I am not educated in the use of salt except for regular table salt and sea salt. Do they differ that much in taste? I am just curious!

Anne Reeves said...

Lilly - a big difference is in how they dissolve. Size of grain etc. Sea salt is best sprinkled on tomato salads etc. Or on meat and fish to be grilled etc. Yes, the taste actually does vary. I like to try it and then mentally note how I think I will use it.