Friday, September 4, 2009

Spontaneous Breakfast

I want to share a "spontaneous breakfast" recipe with you. It requires little effort and is made from 4 ingredients that I always have on hand.

Add the following to a blender (or smoothie maker for extra froth) and give it a whirl.

1 frozen banana, peeled (whenever my bananas are past their prime, I stick them in the freezer whole. Just cut the peel off when you are ready for breakfast)
1 cup skim milk
2 teaspoons instant espresso powder (I keep it on hand for making tiramisu or to enrich brownies)
a splash of vanilla extract


Honestly, I've made this once a week all Summer long and this morning I thought, I really need to share this. Enjoy!

(Photo: The roses & nasturtiums are in a little Danon yogurt jar I brought back from France.)

No comments: