Tuesday, September 15, 2009

City Series: Washington D.C: The Steps of Lincoln Memorial

I wanted to show you this picture I took from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. It was a gorgeous day and I went up there by myself to see what I could see. I rubbed elbows with boy scouts, families and tourists as we all took turns having our picture taken with Abe.

I rode the elevator down with an older gentleman from Italy. I don't speak Italian and he didn't speak English, but we chatted none the less with gestures, smiles and by showing off our digital pictures.

Little moments like that are why I love people so much. We weren't going to let a little thing like
language slow down our enthusiasm for the experience we had just had. That is delight.

2 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

I'm so glad you chatted with the Italian gentleman. My family thinks I'm nuts because I can have an extended conversation in almost any language without knowing a word of the language. This adds so much fun to my life - and hopefully the person I'm talking to as well.

LillyB said...

Anne, My interpretation:
This was a powerful photograph! It's showing we are all here , all in God's image. He speaks our language!
Have a great day!