Thursday, December 30, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Are you home sweet home this time of year?  I am home for the holidays and it feels wonderful.  I've celebrated this fact by baking a cake in my new favorite cake pan by Nordic Ware, "Gingerbread House." 

If given the chance, I would have named this pan, "Home Sweet Home."  The design certainly transcends the holidays and will be my "go to" cake whenever a friend moves into a new house.  I can't think of anything that would say "Welcome Home" better than this!

Made this cake earlier in December with a gingerbread cake mix and cream cheese icing (piped on the eaves and windows) and it was a hit!  This version was both super cute and super easy, because I used a box of Betty Crocker Super Moist cake mix (Butter) and decorated with just a dusting of powdered sugar snow.  Love it!

This is a place to call home.

2 comments:

LillyB said...

This is super cute. We are moving soon from the beach to a farm in February. I know it sounds crazy but the country is where our hearts are.I love animals so goats, minature donkeys, horses and chickens should prove to be interesting! I have missed your blog!!

Anne Reeves said...

Congratualtions on your move, Lillyb! Will you be in an entirely different state? You will love having the animals, for sure. Have you seen my sheep cookies! You must try them. And I missed you too.