Monday, December 27, 2010

All is Calm

I am loving these quiet days between Christmas and New Years.

You know what I did this morning?  I finished a book that I have been trying to read for weeks.

You know what I am going to do next?  Read another book.  And drink tea.  And maybe, just maybe, finish making a pillow for myself. 

My favorite thing I designed this year was a Christmas pillow to give as a hostess gift to my friends.

I used this charming vintage scene from a tiny antique Christmas card.  I scanned the image and printed it onto a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 printable fabric.  Then I sewed a wonderful wool fabric (that picks up all of these gentle colors) onto the back to make a pillow.  I have given several away, but never finished one for myself! 

Today is the day (I think) and the finishing touch will be some Swarovski crystal stars twinkling in the night sky.  Can you hear the quiet?

3 comments:

Nancy Carabio Belanger said...

Anne, I absolutely love this picture. It is so peaceful and quiet!

Anne Reeves said...

Nancy - I have been so "taken" with this image. Glad you like it too!!!

Ulf Claesson said...

Sure makes one peaceful just looking at it..