Monday, June 27, 2011

The Art of Ice Cream


I was showing someone my book, Moments of Delight, yesterday and when we flipped to this page, she reacted.  "Ahhp" 

Now I have been designing and selling accessories long enough to "know" that squeak.  The audible gasp means that I've struck a cord with someone.  It happens when people open my cigar box purses and see the fabric lining;  it happens when someone starts to admire my necklace and realizes that the spacers are buttons; and it happens when they look through my books.  The fun part is that I never know which page will get which person.

Yesterday, it was the ice cream.  The idea that normally we reach in this case, choose a flavor and move on.  To stop and recognize that, as a collection, the ice cream department was gorgeous, blew her mind. 

She "saw" the every day beauty of it for the first time.  This is delight.

No comments: