Friday, June 17, 2011

City Series: Atlanta, Ballard Designs

Oh, Ballard Designs...how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...


One of my favorite furniture/design catalogs has an outlet store in Atlanta!  It was wonderful to be able to see some of the pieces "in person" and imagine new items mixing with what I already have.  


It is a moment like this that reaffirms my decision to decorate my house in neutrals.  It lets me reinvent the rooms over and over again by changing pillows, accessories and flowers.  I love this kind of decorating and it makes it seem like my decorating budget is far greater than it is.  


The principal design premise of Ballard Design seems to be the same as mine.  Neutral furniture, accent pieces in black or cream distressed paint, touches khaki (in woven rugs, coffee bean sack pillows) meaningful accessories.  Metal birds, terrariums, skirted tables and maps of Paris.  If this sounds good to you, be sure to visit www.BallardDesigns.com and order yourself a catalog.  


You are bound to be inspired to feather your nest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - I am definitely happy to find this. Good job!

LillyB said...

I just love Ballard Designs!