Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pyrex Love

Can you believe my luck?  I just started collecting vintage Pyrex and the first two pieces I bought (different places, but for a whopping $1 each) are featured in the May 2011 issue of Country Living!  

What I love about Pyrex is how it represents American home cooking.  Classic dishes made by your parents or grandparents.  Sturdy and dependable - but so pretty too!  I am picturing a small wooden cabinet with a screen door (painted pale pink) to display my pieces in.  Wouldn't that be cute?

What is interesting, is that a few days ago I was at a garage sale looking for old Pyrex (no luck) and the woman liked my quest and had to show me the large blue Pyrex bowl that her brother always made and served banana pudding in.  She treasures the memory and the bowl and I told her that was exactly why I loved it.  To me, Pyrex symbolizes the love that comes out of the kitchen.

What is spooky is that I am about to visit my friend in Alabama and she told me on the phone (the day after this garage sale lady) that we were having a special dinner on Saturday night and we needed to make banana pudding!  I feel like the stars and moon are aligning!

Do you have Pyrex love?

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I love, love Pyrex, Anne! I have some pieces of my mom's and I have recently been adding the pink Pyrex which I have been drawn to for a long time. I agree with you that Pyrex symbolizes the love that comes out of the kitchen.

Anne Reeves said...

Fabulous! I think I am going to concentrate on aqua and white (you've seen my aqua stripe kitchen wallpaper in my blog, I'm sure)and pink. I am using mine too - fun to take to a party full of food and talk about my collection.