Thursday, September 29, 2011

Signature Dish

It was absolutely still.  Can you imagine having the opportunity to sit in this Adirondack chair and just take in the view?  It felt like a moose was going to walk out on cue.  If you haven't been to Maine, be sure to put it on your list.

When I travelled to Bar Harbor, Maine with my friend Angie a few years ago, one of our travel goals was to make it to Jordan Pond House, a restaurant that is located in the middle of Acadia National Park.  It has been in operation since the late 1800's and is famous for its popovers.  We made it!  The lawn of the restaurant (shown above) leads down to Jordan Pond and it is the epitome of peaceful. 

You know that I love to travel and that I enjoy researching and planning my itinerary almost as much as the actual trip!   Which brings me to signature dishes.  When you read up on a famous local place/hotel/restaurant, take note of their specialties.  And then order it when you get there!  It's fun to participate in the history of a place and to be able to look back at your trip with an edible memory
 
Maine was gorgeous and I had so many great experiences.  But I will always remember "having popovers at Jordan Pond" with Angie, I just know I will.

No comments: