Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Still Life

Sometimes the prettiest vignettes aren't meant to be vignettes at all!  I walked by this favorite flower arrangement of mine (I loved it so much, I took it with me when I drove to the cottage!) and noticed that the flowers, table, lamp and book nearby looked gorgeous together!

The book (The Art of Eating by M.F.K. Fisher) was on loan from the library, the flowers (Green Envy zinnias) were from the farmer's market and they "worked" in this room 200 miles from home. 

My point is that design and decorating should ebb and flow just like your life does.  Maybe it is time to clear the accessories from your living room (plants too!) and move things around a bit.  Add a new pillow to pull out the brown in a painting, or add a kiwi green tea set to shift the color focus for a while. 

If I can accidentally make a library book look this good, then I know you can too.  

No comments: