Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Old Fashioned Rolling Pins

I saw this box of antique rolling pins for sale at the Country Living Fair and I had to take a picture.  I can't help but feel a little sentimental for all the grandmothers that relied on these tools to make their house a home.  Look at how worn the handles are - that is proof of love, if I ever saw it.

I treasure my grandmother's rolling pin - it has been missing one handle since before I was born, but we still used it every December to make sugar cookies for the family.  You can see it and get Nama's cookie recipe here.

I was given a fancy-schmancy rolling pin a few years ago and it works like a dream.  But I always get out Nama's rolling pin too.  It's been part of my holiday baking and it wouldn't be the same in the kitchen without it.

No comments: