Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sugarland

Holiday baking season is here and you will be amazed at the selection of sprinkles, sugars and jimmies at your local cake and candy supply store.  I was taken to this marvelous "sugarland" called Heinrich's Decorating Nook by my friend Allison.  She makes a run here every November to get the chocolate and peppermint crunch she needs for her holiday candy making.  When she mentioned her pilgrimage to me, I jumped at the chance to go with her and see this sugar supply store for myself.  Now I am a part of her annual trip and last week was my 5th year going with her.  We wander up and down every aisle and have a wonderful time imagining all the varieties of candy we could make.  In the end we always settle on our now-famous toffee.  December 18th is the big day this year and I am really looking forward to having her over for a fun day of toffee making.

Want to find your own sugarland?  Google: "(Your Town), cake decorating" and you will see a list of options in your area.  You won't be disappointed - the selection is greater and the prices are better than any grocery (or craft) store where you might be tempted to shop for cake and candy decorations.  Have some fun!   

1 comment:

Elaine said...

There's a cake and candy decorating store not far from my house that I discovered last year. Such a fun place to visit!