Monday, November 28, 2011

Swedish Christmas Fair

This gorgeous open face sandwich was my lunch last year at our local Swedish Christmas Fair.  The ladies took a piece of homemade bread and topped it with cold beet relish, Swedish meatballs, fresh parsley and cucumber.  Yum-yum-yum.

Am I Swedish? Nope.  Have I ever had this kind of sandwich before?  No, I haven't, but I loved it.  This post is dedicated to encouraging you to explore your neighborhood and participate in the fun holiday events that are open to the community.  A tree lighting?  Gift show?  Historic Holiday Tea?  You never know who you will meet or what kind of interesting experiences you can have.  Make this holiday season special by attending a new event in your area.

Check your local paper and look online for holiday events.   

No comments: