Monday, February 4, 2013

Punch Embroidery

Can you say darling?  I love to make all kinds of things.  Sometimes I mold chocolate, sometimes I knit, sometimes I decoupage vases.  A little of this, a little of that.  And often when I see a new kind of project, particularly if it involves colors of yearn or thread, I have to try it.  I had honestly never heard of punch embroidery before I saw a kit for this Colonial-style house at a quilt shop.  The kit contained the fabric printed with the design, a paper instruction guide and the necessary thread.  I bought a punch needle tool too.  I have only made this project so far, but it was really relaxing and fun.  

When I saw the kit, I immediately thought "dollhouse rug!"  The finished piece is approximately 2 x 3 inches.  Now that I have finished it, I really want it to be seen.  You see, my dollhouse family just doesn't have company often enough to make me want to leave it there.  I don't want to put this rug in front of my dollhouse fireplace and then turn out the lights and close the door.

I think that it could look really sweet with a narrow mat and old fashioned dull gold frame.  Perhaps it will become something that I can keep on the piano?  I just love it and I want to be able to see it.  Have you ever tried punch embroidery? 

Day 2 of the 12 Days of Valentine's Day:  Feel like crafting a little something for someone?  I made my mom a necklace!

No comments: