Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Las Vegas: Jean Philippe Patisserie

Oh me, oh my!  When I arrived at The Bellagio in Las Vegas, I made a beeline for the Jean Philippe Patisserie, which is to the left of the conservatory not far from the lobby.  You know, just to make sure it was still there and that I could go ahead with my "travel plans" of having a pastry a day.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but a girl has to dream, doesn't she?  In truth, I have been here 3 days and have actually spread my sugar consumption around.  

Day One: a multitude of mini-pastries at The Buffet at The Bellagio (it was our travel day and we hadn't had lunch or dinner, so a buffet was a fun way to go.) 

Day Two: a red velvet cupcake at Jean Philippe.  The cake was delicious - dense and moist.  The frosting encased in this glorious red lacquer was sweet, fluffy and satisfying.  Would I order this again - absolutely! 
Day Three: I ordered myself a small cup of gelato at Cafe Gelato, which is inside The Bellagio, next to the Fine Art Gallery.  I had Bailey's and Dark Chocolate side-by-side and I have never been happier.  I was able to eat it outside on the terrace that overlooks the pool.  I stood in the sun (it was about 62 and sunny today) and enjoyed the fresh air and sweet treat.

I still have two days left on this trip, so there are more pastries in my future.  

No comments: