Monday, July 11, 2016

Oregon: Historic Columbia River Highway

I swear this is real. I got out of the car in the parking lot of the Portland Women's Forum State Scenic Viewpoint and took this photo on my iPhone. That is how beautiful it is, plain and simple. The blue sky and strategically placed clouds didn't hurt, but all the credit goes to Mother Nature.

We had spent 2 great days in Portland and Dan wanted to drive along the Historic Columbia River Highway before we started back toward Seattle.
We must have entered the route on exit 22, because one of the first options was to stop at this lookout. 

It stands out as one of the best views I've seen in a long time and I hope to return and have a picnic in this general area, perhaps at the next turn out called Crown Point (featuring Vista House). I could look at this view for a very long time. And remember, this is a mere 45 minutes outside of Portland.

No comments: