Monday, July 18, 2016

Pendleton Scraps: A Glorious Pillow Emerges

Remember when I went to the Pendleton Woolen Mill Store in Portland, Oregon? Well I couldn't wait to start sewing with the strips and scrap pieces that I bought. This pillow above isn't finished into a pillow yet, I've got to do a bit of sewing, but I wanted you to see what I came up with from this! The woolen mill store sells the strips, edges and wool worms that are the natural cast offs in blanket production. The strips are sold by the pound and its up to you to pull the colors you're interested in or take a gamble and just grab an armful to experiment with. I had fun selecting the colorful strips that spoke to me. I spent about $3.50 on the strips i used to make this pillow and I have a lot left over for future projects. What a deal.
I am so very pleased. A bit like painting with wool, you have to look at the patterns and imagine them working together. I love that it still has a Native American feel. The pillow is pieced together from 6 or 7 different patterns.

What do you think? Isn't it great on this chair in our apartment?

No comments: