Sunday, February 16, 2020

Delightful Feedback: Roadrunner Pin

Remember my recent blog post about wearing Sentimental Jewelry? I suggested that you go to your jewelry box and pull out something that was given to you long ago and wear it. My item was this roadrunner pin from my Great Aunt Wezie, who mailed it to me when she lived near my Grandmother in Arizona when I was about 12. 

Well the next day, a reader wrote me to tell me about HER roadrunner pin! Can you believe it? My post brought her delight and she gave me permission to share her message. She also wrote again to tell me that she would be wearing her roadrunner pin to court soon. This is the beauty of everyday life. 

"I had to write and tell you how much I enjoy your blog. I’m a Probate and Family court judge now.  I see a lot of sad events in people’s lives and find myself checking your blog some days for a bit of sunshine.


Today, I saw your roadrunner pin post.    My mom gave me a gold roadrunner pin after my election, telling me that I had more in common with a roadrunner than anything!  That was seven years and a lot of miles ago.  I thought your post must be a sign to finally email and say thank you for being you and posting such pretty, and cute, things." 

#beautyofeverydaylife #sentimental #storytelling #jewelrybox

No comments: