Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Northwest Flower & Garden Festival 2020: The Zen of Furiosa Garden

This garden called The Zen of Furiosa "is inspired by the Imperator Furiosa's passion to make beauty out of what might be considered junk in the 2015 film, Max Max: Fury Road." The garden creators are Redwood Builders and Bonsaiko. The garden was designed by Anthony Fajarillo.
Look at this incredible bonsai. This is a Bird's Nest Spruce.
It is a tribute to time that metal turns to rust and matches the color of the bonsai trunks. Look at the machine parts sunk into the ground - incredible. I love how this garden blends what could be ugly with what is decidedly beautiful and serene. I wanted to sit and look a long time at this garden - I considered borrowing the designer's stool and parking myself for a while. I am thankful that I got to see it as a judge, for there were very few people around and it was a lovely experience. 
I don’t think I’ve ever really been drawn to this kind of garden before, but the arrangement and harmony spoke to me. Look at the bonsai above, there is a large flat saw blade embedded in the trunk and rusted nails impaled in the trunk. Appreciate the container, directional growth and balance conveyed. This bonsai sings with harmony. It is a Japanese Black Pine.

#nwfgs #bonsai #harmony #madmax #thebeautyofeverydaylife #finddelight #seattleblogger

No comments: