Monday, August 25, 2014

American Spoon: A Shop and Cafe in Petoskey

I was able to visit the original American Spoon retail store, located in the gaslight district of Petoskey, Michigan. Are you familiar with the brand? It is a jam and jelly company that has a cult-like following. Their products are of the highest quality, their packaging is gift-worthy and, as per their website, "we still prepare fruits by hand and cook them in small copper kettle batches under the watchful eyes of our skilled cooks." Nice! 

They have slowly expanded their offering to include salsas, fruit butter and condiments. What I think is really interesting, is that they have an American Spoon Food Cafe next door. My mom, aunts and I went there for lunch and it was perfect.  Most of the menu items feature an American Spoon Food sauce or jam (genius!) and I was very impressed.
I love my whitefish tacos which featured their roasted tomatillo salsa. The salsa was bright and tangy and delicious.
The super cute cafe serves 24 flavors of house-made gelato. Order a cone, grab a stool and watch the vacationing world walk by. 

No comments: