Thursday, August 7, 2014

My First Food Truck Experience: Dog House PDX in Portland

When I was plotting our weekend getaway to Portland, Oregon, I had "visit food trucks" at the top of my list.  I love watching the Food Network and the Cooking Channel (plus I read a lot of magazines) and I was tired of having a media lens between me and a delicious meal.  Food trucks aren't easy to come by in my part of Michigan and I was excited that I would be in an area full of culinary choices.

And then I ordered a cheeseburger.  I know, sounds ridiculous but by the time we'd eaten our way across the Portland Farmers Market and a gourmet brunch at Beast, I was ready for an American classic.
I found my perfect meal at a bright red food truck called Timber's Dog House PDX.  I enjoyed a cheeseburger and chocolate milkshake on a picnic table in the sun.  Everything tastes better outside and this was no exception. It may sound silly, but I've never eaten a hamburger that was this hot. Beautifully prepared and right off the grill really makes a difference. And the milkshake was thick and chocolatey with just the right amount of salt. I loved it and didn't want to share. I need a bigger one next time, that's for sure.

I promise to try Hawaiian Fusion or something with pork belly the next time I have a chance, but on this particular evening, I was happy to go with a classic. If you find yourself within reach of Timber's Dog House PDX, order from their wide variety of choices and you're sure to have a great meal.

No comments: