Friday, April 21, 2023

Cath Kidston Cupcake Papers: Making Khaki Cute

A few years ago I wanted to try making my grandmother's caramel frosting.  I had an ever changing audience of family members at the cottage and I knew that even if the cupcakes weren't perfect, it would be a welcome snack after a swim in the lake.

However, I am driven by the Power of Cute. I couldn't imagine setting out a plate of drab khaki cupcakes. Caramel frosting is delicious, but it isn't pretty. I like it when my audience is excited about a bite before they even try it.

Thank heaven for Cath Kidston. My favorite British designer saves the day again. My mom gets some credit too, as she found this darling Cath Kidston cupcake kit and gave it to me for my birthday. I've been saving them for the right occasion. 

Light brown frosting is the right occasion. Don't they look great? And they were delicious. I am going to make the recipe one more time and then I'll share it with you. 

#cathkidston #cupcakes #caramelanythingisgood #powerofcute

No comments: