Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Renee's Garden Seeds: Thrilled with Nasturtiums

I'm opening this post with a photo of my deck last July - I needed a #goals photo after the cold wet Spring we've been having to remind me what is coming and what to plan for. Last summer was the first time I committed to a collidescope of color palette and I loved it. Beautiful pops of pink, orange lavender, yellow against bright green leaves. 

I have been letting small 1 quart hydrangeas grow larger in my pots and I found that planting one or two nasturtiums seedlings (that I sprouted in Jiffy Seed Starting Greenhouses in peat pellets) at the edge of the hydrangea pot has become a great companion plant. The nasturtiums grow and fluff beautifully and really fill in the hydrangea.

The nasturtium seeds can be planted right into the ground when the timing is right, of course, but I like to get them started early when I'm ready to garden. These examples (below) have only been planted about a week and they are doing fantastic!

I am a garden communicator and member of GardenComm (remember when I was Regional Director for a few years?) by Renee's Garden Seeds and I am generously given a credit toward some free seeds by Renee's Garden. Thank you! 

I can't wait to see these colors come to life, especially Cherries Jubilee. And I am thrilled to try the Heirloom Electric Blue Sweet Peas. Stay tuned, as the these seeds will light up my blog and @FindDelight all summer long.

#reneesgarden #seeds #nasturtiums #growfromseed #pnw #gardener #springgarden #edibleflowers #gardencomm

No comments: