Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Perfect Puzzle & Considering A Clock: El Mercado Latino

Knowing how much I love packaging, you know I had to take a photograph of this impeccable shop. This is El Mercado Latino in Pike Place Market in Seattle and I was struck by their beautiful shelves. Their attention to detail is spectacular.

I asked the shop keeper if I could take a photograph, praising her display and it was all I could do to keep myself from telling her that it would make a great puzzle. A high compliment. Frankly, I also think this image could be turned into a beautiful pattern for fabric. I was mesmerized. Do you see it too?

She was thinking: ingredients, recipes, inventory. 

My friends were rushing up the street so I didn't linger, but boy oh boy. 

I love to cook, but I think I love design and packaging more. I stared at the shelves wondering if I could make one of those boxes into a clock. Have you seen my kitchen clocks? I hope she didn't think I was searching for something she didn't have. I was simply admiring her work.

#latinmarket #seattle #visualvitamins #smallbusiness 

No comments: