Sunday, April 9, 2023

Having Fun at Easter

Happy Easter to all who celebrate! 

I had a lot of fun in the kitchen this year puttering around and making things as the spirit moved me. I had successes and failures but it felt like I was right where I was supposed to be. 

Since we moved to Seattle, our Easter dinners are tiny. Just the 3 of us and lots of time on the phone. But curbing my Easter falderal just because I'm not hosting a dinner for 10, doesn't really feel like me, so I don't. I make a lot of food with special dishes, even though only three of us are eating.

I make different things each year and this year I decided to try out my new chocolate rabbit mold (results above). He's great! I learned a bit about how to fill the mold so that the 2 sides fit together better, but it worked well enough for my little display. 

Last week I made rainbow layered Jell-O. I baked shortbread bunny-on-a-stick cookies. I baked individual egg-shaped cakes covered in poured fondant (Loved it, btw. Why have I not been making poured fondant??) and I froze little lemon pear bunnies for the side of the salad. It was great. 
Dan loves my own private Spring Baking Championship too because every night this week he's been able to eat a bunny shortbread cookie while we watched tv. 

Celebrating is what you make it. Baking should be whatever makes sense to you and Cute is forever.


#finddelight #springbaking #eggcupcakes #chocolaterabbit #easter #easterbaking

No comments: