Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Delight on the Deck: Self Watering Containers are Incredible

I am so very happy with the Crescent Garden self watering pots and sliding discs. Wow - what an improvement in my daily life. They are good looking - that is very important to me. But they are also invaluable in their ability to water my precious pots for me and reduce how I need to fuss over them.

I was gifted 2 Rim Tru Drop Modern Planters and Pebble Caddies this year and I couldn't wait to try them on our deck. I always have pots loaded geraniums, verbena, lobelia and this year I added scabiosa for a little thriller. There is an indicator on the side of the Tru Drop pot that shows water levels - when both the center dot and the outer ring appear, the pot is full. When only one ring shows, that indicates that the pot is about half full. When both disappear, it is time to refill. I love them. I drop a little Bloom Booster into the watering opening too and that lets the fertilizer get to my plants throughout the week. I can't say enough good things about this easy watering pot system. 

I also love the sliding pods called Pebble Caddies. It sound silly, but the greatest example of when I used them was when my book club was taking a group photo on the deck and we needed more room. I just leaned over and easily slide the whole thing giant out of the way. Everyone looked at my like, whoa, that's amazing. Which it is. You can buy Pebble Caddies to match the material of your pots, so they blend right in.

Crescent Garden pots and inserts are a system that works for maintaining your deck life and I can't go back.

#containergardening #watersystems #deck #gardeningonthedeck #kitchengarden

No comments: