Monday, July 15, 2024

Hydrangeas Are Thriving


I had no idea how much I could love hydrangeas or that there were so many different hydrangeas until I moved to the Pacific Northwest. Nine years ago I lived in Michigan with a bunch of Nikko Blue hydrangeas and I thought I was perfectly happy. Then I saw this:

a pink and white hydrangea called Sensation by Hydrangea Plus in Oregon. Whoa. I bought it and planted it immediately in my new empty backyard.

As a garden writer, I am occasionally given plants to grow in my garden before the come to market. I can see how the develop and if they thrive in my area. These Proven Winners Rockin' Blue Suede Shoes Salvia and Invincibelle Ruby hydrangea have really come into their own after being in the ground a few years. 

I can't find the tag for this beautiful hydrangea. I'm sure I bought it while the house was still being finished, I was so excited. The petals look like they are made of porcelain. White and blue and curved up like little bowls. I absolutely love it. 

#hydrangeas #pnwgardens 

No comments: