Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Flavorette Honey-Apricot Rose by Proven Winners

My edible offerings are expanding! This is the new Flavorette Honey-Apricot rose by Proven Winners - isn't she pretty? Imagine those petals scattered on a cheese plate or mixed into a salad with melon balls and mozzarella balls? Infused into a salad dressing? You know I am going to try it all different ways.

This plant was sent to me by Proven Winners to grow and write about and I am grateful for the opportunity. It arrived in August and it was found by a deer so I had to move the pot strategically to protect it as it got established. This year she is doing great. I've got garlic clips nearby to deter any deer (who usually don't walk through the neighborhood until fall, thankfully) and she is off to a great start. 

I love growing and using edible flowers in entertaining (and in ice cubes, sometimes just for me). Stay tuned. These blooms are the first to open on this rose this year and I know it is going to be a great summer.

#provenwinners #ediblerose #flavorette #edibleflowers 
 

No comments: