Thursday, July 16, 2009

Grocer's Daughter Artisanal Chocolates on the Leelanau Peninsula

You are looking at 6 glorious chocolates from Grocer's Daughter. On this particular Summer day, I had my heart set on one of their "fudgesicles". A perfect, ice cube-size frozen delight on a stick. Yes, I think that sums it up. But, alas, they had sold out by afternoon.

So I made up for it with one each of Lavender, Rosemary, Mint and Basil truffles plus 2 Sea Salt caramels. Did I really need chocolate on any old Monday? Umm...yes!

Grocer's Daughter is a small batch chocolatier that boasts using "local and/or organic dairy products, herbs and edible flowers come straight from our gardens. Honey, maple syrup, berries and loads of other local/organic fruit & nuts are used whenever possible." Doesn't that sound wonderful?  You can taste a little bit of northern Michigan in every bite.  

2 comments:

LillyB said...

Chocolate on any day of the week is awesome! Sorry you missed out on the Fudgesicle!

MmeBenaut said...

You're breaking my heart, Anne.