Saturday, July 18, 2009

Japanese Paper Art

This is a tiny pop-up paper scene of a Japanese celebration called Hinamatsuri (or Girl's Day). A 2.75 x 2.75 card opens into this charming scene, where even the star-filled trees expand to the side as the guests settle into place.

I found this at The Morikami Museum and have been looking for the right place to display it for some time now. But today things fell into place. I have it on my cream plate rack next to a glass cup filled with 3 pink roses.

Wishing you good health, great happiness and good fortune.

2 comments:

LillyB said...

You know these type of cards are very popular right now. My mother gave me one for my (welcome to earth day)and when I opened it a Castle popped out at me, the inscription was, " The Princess has a birthday!" It was really sweet!
This card is very attractive too!

Anne Reeves said...

How fun, Lilly. Thanks for sharing.