Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Black & White

Black and white is a timeless color combination that is especially effective in check. I have seen it everywhere in interior design (fabrics, wallpaper, kitchen tiles), but rarely is it used outdoors.

After attending the ordination service for a friend entering the ministry, I wandered outside to admire the gardens before the reception and immediately loved the geometric design of this gorgeous courtyard.

It reminded me of MacKenzie-Childs, a fanciful design brand specializing in dishes, glassware and pieces for the home. Their look is distinct and one theme of their brand is dedicated to black and white check ("Courtly Check").

I have followed this brand for years and instantly thought "MacKenzie-Childs" when I saw this walkway.

Can you see what I mean? Gorgeous.

2 comments:

Torch Lake Prep said...

Love this view of the kirk !! Glad you found inspiration there :)

Anne Reeves said...

Absolutely! Thanks...