Sunday, February 7, 2010

12 Days of Valentine's Day: Day 5

Wouldn't you like to find this in your mailbox?

My Mom has a collection of Valentines sent to her mother between 1910-1912. They have simple inscriptions and are charming little pieces of love.

I was able to scan them into my computer, and then return them to my Mom so that she could frame them. The best of both worlds. We have the antiques safely under glass, but the freedom to reproduce them as we like.

If you like the idea of vintage valentines, stop in a large bookstore this week and look for this Valentine Postcard book. It is full of reproduction valentine postcards that are ready to detach and mail!

Day 5: Make a list of who would love to receive a Valentine in the mail this year, then have fun selecting just the right ones.

1 comment:

LillyB said...

I have some of these! They are so pretty!!