Monday, November 29, 2010

Advent Calendars

Would you believe that this sweet paper cottage is also an advent calendar? 

I love to countdown to Christmas with an advent calendar and have decorated my house with many cute ones over the years.  Remember the one I made with scrapbook paper?
 
I bought this pastel advent house years ago (by artist Camilla Ashforth for her illustrated series about a bear named, Willow) and have resisted bending back the paper doors until now.  It felt too pretty to open (and looks so great with my "Swedish Beach house" decorating!) that I liked having it on display just as it is.  This year, though, I've decided to open each window and peek into the world of a teddy bear as he prepares for the holidays.

We have just two more days until we can open the window marked 1.  Does your house have an advent calendar?  If not, you can head to the nearest bookstore (or shop online for darling ones here!) and find one to help you count down the days until Christmas.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh my that is lovely! I've been looking for something pretty rather than a basic chocolate calendar, but haven't had much luck. This looks adorable though, can you take a couple of photos of the inside once you've opened up them all please?
And the scrapbook one looks amazing too.

Anne Reeves said...

Of course, Debbie! And welcome! I will add some pictures in the coming weeks, I promise!

Elaine said...

What a sweet vignette!

Anne Reeves said...

Debbie - I am going to put a few "behind the doors" photos from the advent house you wanted to see, on my Facebook fan page, "Moments of Delight by Anne Reeves" - I think that is the easiest place to show them.

Anonymous said...

This is such a wonderful useful resource that you are providing and you give it absent free of charge. I love seeing web sites that understand the value of providing a quality useful resource for free. It?s the old what goes around comes around program..

Anonymous said...

I usually don’t post in Blogs but your blog forced me to, amazing work.. beautiful …

Anonymous said...

Jag har precis lagt din webbsida till mina favoriter. Jag gillar att läsa dina inlägg. Tack!