Monday, November 8, 2010

Beet It

I always like to have a portable project that I can take along with me when I have to pass the time (waiting room, jury duty, airport).

I am in love with my latest scarf because of its cozy rosewater color.  I was drawn to it in the knit shop and was "sold" when I found out that it was dyed with beets.  Real grown-in-the ground beets.  Isn't that neat?

The color is gorgeous, natural and a great conversation piece - what more could a girl want?

If you are interested in seeing products by this small-batch yarn producer, visit Vibrant.  Or contact the store, Wool & Honey to see what they have on the shelves.

Did you notice the yard of silk ribbon coiled in the back?  I bought it to sew into a cluster of roses that I can attach at one end of this scarf.  So pretty!

2 comments:

Elaine said...

That is a lovely color. I have taken up knitting recently and am finding that I really enjoy it. I haven't knitted since I was a child - have no idea what has taken me so long to return to it!

Anne Reeves said...

I love to knit, Elaine. It is so relaxing! Glad you have found your way back to it.