Saturday, November 6, 2010

Turkey Cake Pan

Last year was our best Thanksgiving dinner ever. 

We made all of the classic dishes, of course, but the star of the show was my Cornbread Turkey!  I am showing him to you now so that you will have enough time to get a pan for yourself!

My "classic turkey mold" is from Nordic Ware. You can order him online or call a shop that sells Nordic Ware to see if they have one in stock.  I followed the directions on 2 bags of Marie Callender's corn bread mix and my turkey baked up sturdy and delicious!

Isn't he fantastic?  I "glued" the two halves together with cream cheese frosting and nestled him in a cranberry-filled pie plate for stability.  He was the centerpiece on the table when we had appetizers and then we cut right into him on the buffet for the meal.

All I can say is, "Gobble! Gobble!"

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I've always wanted to get Martha's turkey cake pan. He looks beautiful and makes such a statement on the Thanksgiving table.

Anne Reeves said...

Everyone should have this pan - I just love it! I dream of touring the Nordicware factory someday!