Saturday, February 11, 2012

12 Days of Valentine's Day: Day 9, Molten Chocolate Cake

My oh my!  There has to be chocolate somewhere in your Valentine's celebration, right?  I made molten chocolate cakes for the first time and adapted the recipe from Epicurious.  What did I change?  I dropped the almond extract, used Hershey Special Dark cocoa powder and Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips and topped the individual masterpieces with a simple scoop of vanilla ice cream, instead of homemade coffee whipped cream.  It was delicious!

And of course, I crafted and made a set of heart-topped picks to dress up dessert and reinforce the Valentine spirit.  Just find some cute scrapbook paper and "punch" out hearts with a Martha Stewart heart craft punch.  Then glue them back-to-back onto toothpicks and Voila!  A custom pick worthy of the 12 Days of Valentine's Day.

Happy Day 9: Make sure to incorporate some chocolate into your week.

No comments: