Friday, February 10, 2012

12 Days of Valentine's Day, Day 8: Heart Shaped Treats

I have always loved theme food, I can't help it.  Football-shaped brownies for a homecoming game tailgate, "Jell-O" beans at Easter - I think it is fun and I see no reason to limit myself.  But we don't always have time to make theme food, so this post is all about supporting local businesses that are trying to have some fun.

Did you know that Dunkin Donuts and Krispy Kreme have heart-shaped doughnuts for sale through Valentine's Day?  I love that!  Time to pick some up on your way into the office or that volunteer meeting - it's just fun.

I found and bought this heart-shaped loaf of bread for Mother's Day (so cute!) and put it out to share during tea time with my parents.  The funny thing was that my mom didn't want to eat it, she wanted to keep it.  So it became our edible centerpiece, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Happy Day 8: Find yourself a heart-shaped pizza, doughnut or whatever seems fun. 

No comments: