Friday, October 25, 2013

Gold Sugar Makes the Cake

You've heard the expression that something "takes the cake?" Well today I'm talking about things that MAKE the cake!

Today, I'm putting the spotlight on gold sugar.  I know, such a simple thing, but what a difference it made to my humble box mix coffee cake.  I really like Pillsbury Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread & Muffin Mix and I make delicious coffee cakes all the time using 2 boxes of the mix (follow the directions on the box, adding oil, water and eggs) and a bake in a standard Bundt cake pan.

I like using Baking Spray with Flour and the cake will unmold easily if you allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes before unmolding it onto a platter.

To make my glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and maple syrup, then drizzle generously over cake.  The crowning touch is tons of gold sugar. Doesn't it look beautiful? Presentation is everything. 

No comments: