Monday, June 23, 2014

Seattle: Southwestern Flavors and Not-to-be-Missed Flan at Cactus in Kirkland

More often than not, I'm in the mood for fajitas. This is the wonderful meal I had a Cactus in the Seattle suburb of Kirkland - great chicken fajitas and a cool Pepino Smash (chilled cucumber, mint, lime, and agave).  This non-alcoholic drink tastes bright and tangy - I really liked it.  The lime and mint offset the fajita spices really well.

We were there on a busy Sunday...sometime in the haze between brunch and lunch.  The restaurant was very busy, but we didn't have to wait long at all for a table.  Our waitress was very kind and in chatting with her, we mentioned that we were from Michigan and that were out exploring the different areas of Seattle in our free time. 
Not long after our table was cleared, the manager came over with a complimentary 3 Milk Cuban Flan and 2 spoons. He said that he'd heard that this was our first time to Cactus and that this was his way of saying welcome. How kind!  I kid you not, this is the best flan I've ever had.  It was beyond creamy and the sweet dark caramel sauce was perfect.  I could eat one of these every week!

If you go to Cactus in Kirkland, you must order the flan. It's on my don't miss list.   

No comments: